- How do I know if my mom needs Independent Living or Assisted Living?
- How do we pay for senior housing?
- My mom needs someone to take her to doctor appointments and to the senior center.
- My husband has dementia and I need a break.
- I’m ready to downsize, but I’m overwhelmed by all my stuff.
These are frequently asked questions and concerns. Whether you are transitioning into senior housing or staying in your home with services, finding the right solution can be a bit like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle.
Ruth and Jim are a perfect example of this. This sweet couple has been married for over 50 years. Ruth was diagnosed with Dementia 5 years ago, and Jim stepped into the role of being her caregiver. Jim helped Ruth with everything – showering, dressing, brushing her teeth, etc. Ruth had gotten to the point where she was resistant to showering and was getting up all night long, leaving Jim exhausted, frustrated and sleep deprived.
After our consultation with Jim, we scheduled a Home Care/Personal Assistance Service to meet with him. He quickly hired them to provide a sitter a few days a week for Ruth, giving him a much needed break, so he could get some rest and focus on the next step in her care. We also provided Jim with information on three memory care communities and scheduled appointments for him to visit each of them. Jim selected his favorite community, and decided to have Ruth try out their day stay program. She began going there one day a week, and after a couple of months Jim decided it was time to make the community Ruth’s new home. Stepping out of the role of caregiver and back into the role of husband has been a huge relief for Jim.
Ruth and Jim are a perfect example of fitting pieces in a puzzle, as they made the transition for Ruth into a memory care community.
- Maybe you are ready to sell your house and move to Independent Living
- Maybe you want to stay in your house, but need someone to help you with transportation to your doctor
- Maybe your story is similar to Ruth and Jim’s.
We are here to be YOUR senior guide, and help you fit all the pieces of your puzzle together.
Complete the contact form, and we will be in touch as soon as possible.